Since 1999, Amigos, the Richmond Latino Center’s mission has been to empower the Latinx community to engage actively in Richmond and Wayne County and to promote learning, cooperation and respect across cultures. Our focus is on education, health, and creating cultural connections. Amigos believes that cultivating understanding, working together, supporting and developing people’s potential and respect for one another will lead to a stronger community. Amigos values inclusion, diversity, and cultural understanding. To fulfill our mission, Amigos has enriched our programming by collaborating with many dedicated organizations throughout Richmond.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are at the core of our Mission and Vision. We are committed to building an inclusive community that represents and respects different cultures, backgrounds, languages, and viewpoints. We strive to create a community where diverse voices are valued. We work to create positive social change by empowering those who are underrepresented and by engaging all in respectful and creative ways.
Our organization is the only organization in this area of East Central Indiana
that provides support and services specifically to the Latinx population.
We do this by providing programming that assists, mentors, teaches skills, and nurtures youth and families to reach their fullest potential. Currently our programs consist of English Language learning, mentoring through tennis, Amigos Latinx Leadership Program, youth summer camp, and Basic Needs for families. We also offer cultural programs such as the Richmond International Food Festival to bring people of all backgrounds together to celebrate our multicultural city through music, dance, food, and health screenings. We also hold an annual event to introduce the community to a Latin American culture through food and entertainment.
We welcome your support!
Meet Our Team
Staff of Amigos 2021
Pavel Polanco Safadit
Community Engagement Coordinator
Resource Development Specialist
Latinx Leadership Program Coordinator
Elizabeth A. Black, CPA
Kemper CPA Group LLP – Accountant
Media Consultant – Right Tactic
Board Members 2021
- Pavel Polanco-Safadit – Executive Director
- Patty Lamson, Retired, Earlham College – President
- Ben Brazil, Earlham School of Religion – Vice President
- Jessica Richert, Cease-Fire Conflict Reduction & Dispute Resolution Center, LLC – Secretary
Board of Directors
- Howard Lamson, Retired, Earlham College – Senior Advisor
- Belen Villarreal, Earlham College
- Felix Burgos, Indiana University East
- Jaynee Rivas, Indiana University East
- Jeevan Sekhar, Veritas Medical Clinic
- Michael Deibel, Earlham College
- Michael Elorreaga, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
- Rafael Rivera, Primex Plastics
- Toure Conley, Ivy Tech
- Wazir Mohammed, Indiana University East