Since its beginning in 1999,
the MISSION OF AMIGOS
the Richmond Latino Center, has been to empower the Latinx community to engage actively in Richmond and Wayne County and to promote learning, cooperation and respect across cultures. Our focus is on education, health, and creating cultural connections. Amigos believes that cultivating understanding, working together, supporting and developing people’s potential and respect for one another will lead to a stronger community. Amigos values inclusion, diversity, and cultural understanding. To fulfill our mission, Amigos has enriched our programming by collaborating with many dedicated organizations throughout Richmond.
Our organization is the only organization in this area of East Central Indiana
that provides support and services specifically to the Latinx population.
We do this by providing programming that assists, mentors, teaches skills, and nurtures youth and families to reach their fullest potential. Currently our programs consist of English Language learning, mentoring through tennis, our middle school youth organization (Corazon Latino), summer camp for career development, and high school mentoring for life beyond graduation. We also offer cultural programs such as the International Food Festival to bring people of all backgrounds together to celebrate our multicultural city through music, dance, food, and health screenings. We also hold an annual event to introduce the community to a Latin American culture through food and entertainment.
We welcome your support!
Meet Our Team
Staff of Amigos 2019
Pavel Polanco Safadit
Director of Operations
Latinx Leadership Program Coordinator
Resource Development Specialist
Board Members 2019
- Pavel Polanco-Safadit, Executive Director
- Patty Lamson, President, Earlham College
- Ben Brazil, Vice President, Earlham School of Religion
- Jessica Richert, Secretary, Dudas Law
- Howard Lamson, Senior Advisor
- Ashley McCarty, Richmond Community Schools
- Belen Villarreal, Earlham College
- Felix Burgos, Indiana University East
- Jaynne Rivas, Indiana University East
- Mike Deibel, Earlham College
- Toure Conley, Ivy Tech
- Wazir Mohammed, Indiana University East